Volunteering for International Professionals (VIP) partners with Incitement
We are proud to announce that the 2017 cycle of the VIP Fellowship Programme, by Malaysian Ministry of Finance and the National Strategy Unit (NSU), part of the National Blue Ocean Strategy (NBOS) initiative as announced by Malaysia’s Prime Minister, Dato’ Sri Haji Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak, at the National Blue Ocean Strategy (NBOS) Summit in December 2013, has selected Incitement as the official implementing partner. View the impact report.
The Volunteering for International Professionals (VIP) Fellowship Programme is an initiative by the Malaysian government to create a large pool of talented professionals, who are passionate about sharing their expertise and experiences globally, as expert volunteers to contribute towards nation-building in ASEAN region.The VIP Programme is designed specifically for professionals on career breaks who wish to volunteer in South East Asia and contribute to building up the regional ecosystem of nonprofits to create more social impact.
This four-month fellowship offers the opportunity for professionals to use their expertise in addressing ASEAN’s most pressing social issues. The programme aims to evoke long-term social change in the country. In order to ensure a successful programme, each volunteer is matched to a placement within a Host Organisation in a local community where his/ her expert knowledge will have the greatest impact.
Here’s what’s in it for you as a host organisations:
- Receive MYR10,000 funds
- As a Host Organisation with VIP you will receive a grant of MYR10,000 for your organisation to develop and launch a new social impact project.
- Learn from & work with 5 volunteering professionals
- Every VIP Fellow will be thoroughly screened before being deployed into your organisation. Every Fellow must have 5+ years of working experience in an area relevant to your organisation. This way maximum value and impactis assured through your collaboration as a Host Organisation with the international Fellows.
- Develop & implement a new impact project
- Starting a new project or initiative takes time, effort, and resources. The Fellows will support you in developing an effective framework to ensure maximum impact and sustainability. The seed grant of MYR10,000 will help you mobilize and implement the project immediately.
- Get exclusive access to the Incitement Nonprofit Toolkit
- The Incitement toolkit contains easy-to-use plug-and-play finance sheets to manage your organisation’s finances, a guide on how to apply for 10,000 USD free advertising budget on Google’s search engines monthly, pitch deck templates to allow you to better present your organisation’s work to raise funds or grant, and an impact measurement tool called Hourglass™ developed by Incitement in collaboration with Taylor’s Education Group.
- Attend free trainings from ASEAN’s thought leaders (Flights & accommodation to and in KL included for non-Malaysia Hosts)
- Attend a 5-day induction week in a beautiful location in Malaysia, receive hands-on training from renowned thought leaders in the nonprofit sector, and have an opportunity to bond with your group of Fellows and network with high-profile individuals and leaders from within Malaysia.
Here’s what’s in it for Fellows (volunteers):
- Stay in South East Asia for 4-months with a group of likeminded professional volunteers.
- Work on meaningful projects
- Work with ASEAN’s leading nonprofits & put your skills to use for those in need.
- Be part of a fully paid programme
- Your job is to create serious social impact. We’ll take care of everything else for you.