Effective, April 2020
Project Creator Requirements & Verification
Incitement can be used by contributors all over the world. Anyone, from anywhere, can contribute to a project as long as they have an internet connection and a major debit or credit card, or for corporate donors an international payment process.
To ensure a safe and transparent environment for contributions, to receive contributions project creators can undergo a verification process to earn a Verified Badge on Incitement. The Verified Badge is an indication that the organisation has been verified by Incitement and is therefore a legitimate organisation.
The eligibility criteria for project creators and verification requirements are laid out on this page.
Eligibility Criteria for Project Creators
The Incitement platform is available for anyone, anywhere. Anyone can create a page to list their organisation or initiative, and anyone can create a project to raise funds, recruit volunteers, and use all other platform features.
All project creators must meet the requirements below:
• You are 18 years of age or older.
• You have an address, bank account, and government-issued ID based in the country that you are creating the project in.
• You are able to identify yourself via a government-issued ID and you agree to do so upon Incitement’s request.
• You are able to present a Letter of Good Conduct issues by your local authorirties and you agree to do so upon Incitement’s request.
Contributions made to projects that are not verified by Incitement is at the risk of the contributor. Incitement does not assume any responsibility for losses and/or damages incurred for contributions made to non-verified projects.
Eligibility Criteria for Verified Organisations
Although a project creator can be a person or an organisation, and therefore any person and organisation can raise funds on Incitement, only registered organisations and legal entities can earn a Verified Badge after sucessfully undergoing Incitement’s due diligence and vetting procedures.
To earn a Verified Badge for your organisation, you must meet all the above requirements and the requirements below:
• You are creating the project in name of an organisation or legal entity you are legally allowed to represent or are affiliated to.
• The linked banked account must belong to the organisation you represent, not a person.
• You must have the authority to represent the organisation to our payment partners.
• You are able to present necessary documentation to demonstrate legitimacy of your organisation via due diligence. This includes but is not limited to certificates of incorporation, memorandum and articles of association, up-to-date list of authorized signatories, list of board of trustees, tax exemption certifications (if any), latest bank statement, latest 2-year audited reports, copy of passport of directors, copy of passport of authorized signatories.
If your organisation is unable to meet these eligibility requirements, or you are unable to present the necessary documentation, Incitement holds the right to withhold your funds until the verification process is successfully completed.
In the case where you or your organisation fail to pass this verification, Incitement will return the fund to the contributors.
Incitement holds the right to revoke your Verified Badge at any time your organisation is unable to meet the due diligence requirement.
The Verified Badge is subject to annual renewal of due diligence requirements
Click here to learn more about verified badges.