Effective, 15 July 2020
Verified Badges on Incitement
On July 15th 2020, Incitement will implement a Verified Badge.
This means that registered organisations on Incitement can now receive a verified badge on their page and its projects to indicate to donors, sponsors, volunteers, and other platform users that your organisation has been verified by Incitement.
What is a verified badge on Incitement?
Verified badges help our platform users more easily find causes and project to support. A verified badge is a check that appears on Incitement pages and projects. It means Incitement has confirmed that a page is the authentic presence of the organisation it represents.
The verified badge is a sign of trust towards potential donors and will increase your chances of getting funded.
How do I request a verified badge for my page?
To request a verified badge on your page and projects, you must be a registered and legally incorporated organisation and meet certain Project Creator & Eligibility Requirements.
To request a verified badge, click the button below and complete the application form:
What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge on Incitement?
We look at a number of factors when evaluating Incitement pages to determine if they meet our verification criteria.
• Registered: Your organisation must be legally registered/incorporated
• Authentic: Your page must represent a real organisation
• Unique: Your page must be the unique presence of the organisation it represents. Only one page per organisation may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don’t verify general interest accounts.
• Complete: Your page must be public, have a bio, profile photo, cover photo, and at least one post.
What happens after I apply for a verified badge on Incitement?
Once you submit the verification form, Incitement will review your application. If your request is approved, the verified badge will display on your page within 30 days of your application. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request after 30 days.
Keep in mind that:
• Incitement can remove verified badges at any time, and may take away your badge or disable your account if you act in violation with Incitement’s rules and policies
• Verified badges are subject to renewal, and Incitement may request you to resubmit the verification form to renew your organisation’s application from time to time.
If your account doesn’t have a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know you’re authentic. For example, you can link to your Incitement account from your official website, Facebook Page, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter account.
Incitement will never request payment for verification.
What if my page cannot be verified?
If you are not a legally registered organisation and are therefore not able to earn a Verified Badge, you will still be able to use Incitement for fundraising.